Monday, July 25, 2011

Joes Sunday

Well after going to bed at 3 am waking up at 8.30am it still feels wrong. I would like to make Nathan Fillions panel but I fear the line will be too long. People were sleeping overnight to get into this one and it doesn't start till 11.45am. There are other things I would like to go to so I will see how bad it is when I get there. So we wait for the shuttle bus and takes forever to get here. Finally see it and were on.


We get there and head for the room for Nathan Fillion and check out the line which is way to long.
Never know who you might see on an escalator though.


Thus we decide to head back to the showroom floor. On the way we pass the autograph booths and I see Richard Hatch from BSG and Erin Gray from Buck Rogers. I could not pass up the opportunity to get them to sign something for me and enquire about podcast interviews. Both were happy to be interviewed so that was cool and I managed to get audio sound bites for the podcast.!!!


So now to the floor and I pass by Carla Speed McNeils booth, she is the author of the Finder graphic novels, excellent scifi/fantasy. She agreed to a podcast interview for us later.

While I was at her booth I met another author called Josh Finney and his partner and illustrator Kat Rocha. They introduced me to their cyberpunk graphic novel at Archaia Press. I have his details now and hope to organize an interview with him in coming weeks. It's been a very productive day.

I saw lots more cosplay on the floor and Danny DeVito signing.

Afterwhich I met Graham and we headed for the Browncoats meeting, ofcourse there was a line already but doable and it's about 1 hour before it begins. Some cosplay in the line too.


Well now in the room and it has filled up to capacity of 500 people which included this stunned duo.



One of the main acts was cast and crew for Browncoats : Redemption who have q&a for their movie.


Then Marian Call who is an Alaskan songstress (and fan of Firefly) who sang some humourous geek and fan related songs that she wrote for an hour. Simply awesome. Looking forward to buying her album.


Hoping to get a sound bite from Marian Call after I buy her album. Got it including the possiblity of an interview!

Con is basically over with one hour to go. Would like to go to the Browncoats booth after. Well that was a treat saw Nathan Fillion in flesh very briefly so no photo. Ok one final stop at the Browncoats booth and were out. Here are some pictures I took on the way there


That's it standing in one more long line to get on to the shuttle bus back to hotel, drop off our bags and go out for some eats.


Had some food at the British Pub in Little Italy around the corner (yes the irony alludes me too) and walked down to wharf afterwards to walk off the meal. Saw this Hummer while we were walking.


We will probably not do much tomorrow had plans to pack, possibly zoo or Aerospace museum
I will probably not post anything about that.

See you back in Australia.....

No comments:

Post a Comment