Sunday, July 24, 2011

Joe Friday

Wake after 4 hours sleep, a continuing pattern. Get to con and have to get into the first long snaking line just to get into the convention centre. Found room for Shatner but line is long already.


Waiting in long long line for shatner hoping I get in. Talked to two canadians one dressed in a starfleet uniform from the 1960's star trek show.


Got in with room to spare and found a single seat closer than I thought would. Cheers for shatners entrance. Moderated by Kevin Smith in typical smith style. Avery Brooks from Deep Space 9 part of panel. Scott Bakula makes surprise visit with very popular cheer.



So now I go to get in line to see some tv panels in ballroom 20. Christ almighty this is the longest line ever, it snakes out of the conference centre down the stairs right alongside the marina. Graham SMSed me that he's been in the line for an hour and is still outside. I feel like we are moving now although the line is still long and really long behind me. So I have been on line for nearly 2 hours and I am only halfway. 3 hours now and no movement for 1/2hour. I'm reconsidering waiting in line now.

Finally in to see Eureka yay with Will Wheaton, Felicia Day, cast and crew. Jaimie Paglia, Bruce Miller, Colin Ferguson etc. Was Colins birthday so all sang birthday song. Good fun panel.


Now waiting for Warehouse 13. Need to take a leak but have to wait till next panel starts otherwise I won't be allowed to go in again. Warehouse 13 has began Neil Grayston, Joanne Kelly, Saul Rubinek, Alison Scagliotti, Eddie McClintock, Jack Benny. Trailer looks awesome for next part of the season. Look out for the Tesla. Crossovers btw Eureka and Warehouse 13. Another good panel.

Back on the showroom floor. Have had enough got some free stuff and books from Dave Dorman.


Now having dinner at a pub with some exceptional microbrewed beer. Went home to sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment